I'm not one to keep a journal, although I have tried on many occasions...this may not come as a surprise to those of you who have ever tried to follow a blog of mine! It's random to say the least. But I do try to journal when I take trips such as this. When I pulled out my "journey journal" to pack it for Israel, I glanced at one my entries from a trip to Bolivia a few years ago and it really made me laugh, so I thought I would include it here for all of you as a little comic relief while you await to hear about the Holy Land.
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
On Sunday, August 6th [2006] (day 9), I was the first to attempt the non-shower at our hotel. I call it that because there was only a shower head and drain...no actual tub or shower. We had to take the toilet paper off the reel to keep it from getting soaked. So there I was, naked, on the pot, preparing for my shower and a HUGE cockroach (probably 3 or 4 inches long) appeared out of the corner of my eye. It was near the door, so I calmly just reached over and opened the door a crack to let the cockroach out into the room for Kristy and Virginia to deal with. That was all fine and dandy, but it came right back in through the crack under the door! I had to quickly throw on my clothes and escape! Once I opened the door again the cockroach followed me out, and after some commotion, Virginia stepped on it. Whew -- that'll wake you up in the morning.
Well, it's a balmy 23 degrees here in St. Paul, and it actually feels quite refreshing. It looks a little gloomy outside, but campus is abuzz with energy!
Blessings on your day,
Tara
13 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment